Schimberg Co. is a 103 year-old, family-owned pipe, valve, and fitting supplier. With six locations across the Midwest, we serve a diverse list of industrial and commercial customers. Schimberg Co. is hiring an Outside Sales Rep to join our Wichita, KS location. Showcase your experience and knowledge of the pipe, valves and fittings industry as you develop and strengthen customer relationships through effective sales strategies.
The Outside Sales Representative is an industry expert in pipe, valves, and fittings. They will play a significant role in developing and maintaining lifelong relationships with customers. The Outside Sales Representative will be responsible for presenting and selling products and services to customers throughout Wichita and markets in southern and central Kansas.
- Newer location experiencing growth through our commitment to superior service, quality products, strong supplier relationships and knowledgeable employees.
- Recently renovated 70,000 square foot warehouse with extensive inventory of products tailored to key industrial markets
- Extensive support supplied by our industry experienced inside sales team
- Knowledgeable warehouse personnel supported with equipment to meet customer needs
- Full service automated valve department staffed by experienced valve technicians
What you'll do:
- Sell products and services to resolve customer’s needs
- Identify and follow up with all sales prospects within geographic territory
- Prepare and present sales proposals and product training
- Actively research and generate new leads
- Keep inside sales team informed on information gathered in the field
- Continually enhance sales skills and product knowledge to promote a professional image in the field
- Travel to and from customer sites working a flexible schedule with some overnight travel
- Utilize our inventory management system to generate quotes and process orders
What you'll need:
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience in pipes, valves, and fittings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative communication style with the ability to persuade and influence others
- Highly motivated, results oriented, and driven with a team first attitude
Schimberg Co. is an equal opportunity employer. « Back to Job Listings