Schimberg Co. is hiring a Local CDL A Driver to join our Des Moines, IA location. Our drivers are responsible for delivering piping supplies to customer sites around Des Moines and surrounding areas. Our drivers are the face of our company, providing exceptional service while making timely deliveries to numerous stops. We want you to learn our industry, advance your skills and share in our success.
Deliveries are made with a pickup truck or flatbed semi-truck. This position is Monday - Friday, daytime hours, home every night! We offer a competitive hourly rate, based on experience, and a complete benefit package.
What you'll do:
- Load and unload flatbed trailers and pickup trucks
- Operate a variety of commercial vehicles to safely deliver materials
- Timely delivery of piping supplies with numerous stops
- Maintain log of deliveries, including ticket numbers, mileage, and location of deliveries.
- Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers with loading and unloading material upon request
- Perform pre-/post-trip inspections, complete light maintenance on vehicle and report any maintenance needs to management as necessary
- May require use of an Electronic Log Device (ELD) to track hours of service
- Complete warehouse duties as needed - load/unload materials, pull orders, and prepare materials for shipment
.What you'll need:
- Class A commercial driver’s license (CDL) with air-brake endorsement.
- Record of safe and competent driving. No alcohol-related convictions, at-fault accidents, or more than three traffic violations within the last 5 years.
- A current DOT medical certificate or ability to obtain as condition of hire.
- Ability to lift 50lbs regularly, up to 100lbs occasionally. This is a physically demanding position, requiring you to be on your feet, climb ladders, lift and move material by hand or by forklift throughout the day.
- Previous delivery driver experience.
- Experience operating forklifts preferred.
Delivery drivers must pass a pre-employment background and drug screen. Drivers are subject to random drug and alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Schimberg Co. is an equal opportunity employer. « Back to Job Listings